Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Freedom

What happened to the American dream? They thing with the United States is really that it can't keep promises. I'm not saying that because I believe the government to be corrupt or anything like that. It's just that the United States was built on the fact that people believed they could do what they wanted here, they had the right to choose their life style, the right to elect the next government official, the right to act as they pleased... But really you can't allow everyone to do what the want; that would be anarchy.
The Supreme Court gave back to corporations the freedom to do as they pleased with their money. The Supreme Court voted to allow companies and unions to back political candidates with their earnings. Good for them, if I had the money I'd want to be able to do that. But Nussbaum disagrees. His view of this vote is that it will destroy innovation stating that if big companies are able to vote someone into office that will support them instead of the local businesses. Well maybe that is true... but I believe that the small business would do the same if it had the chance. To me the court is giving big business some of their rights back. That's all I know. Only time will tell how that right will affect entrepreneurship.

No comments:

Post a Comment