Friday, March 5, 2010

Smoking


I personally do not smoke! Not getting on that band wagon anytime soon... But I was intrigued by what someone would come up with for a design on a cigarette packet, considering they would have to be half filled with a warning label. So now that I have TheDieline, I looked it up.


















Apparently a new law was passed that cigarette companies can't use color anymore for advertisement... Well what I found was quite astonishing. A designer DJ Stout of Pentagram was asked to design what he thought that the cigarette companies could do to transform their look. The results, Stout thinks instead of trying to avoid the warning labels cigarette companies should embrace it and become a 3D warning label.

I myself wouldn't buy them... But thinking about it, it would make my grandma look hard core.

No comments:

Post a Comment