Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What's Kraken


I was looking for a spiced rum the other day at the local liquor store and realized how much design affects what I buy, and what I keep for that matter.

I had never tasted Kraken before but the bottle called to me. It's shaped like an old jug which reminded me of the Pirates of the Caribbean which I enjoyed thoroughly. So I bought it. It tasted quite good, especially in the rum cake and I am so happy with the bottle that I've decided to keep it as a souvenir, although I know I'll definately be buying more.
What I wanted to talk about was a post on Hicksdesign that led me to TheDieline, a packaging blog. So I found out as Kraken is the new spirit from Proximo Spirits they have set up a fun new packaging for Kraken. The Kraken Proof Kit.


Inside it gives you bits of proof that the Kraken, a mythological sea creature, did exist. along with a bottle of Kraken rum of course.




What is contains is; a Kraken tooth, Kraken ink, a log book, a scroll (depicting the size of the beast), a feather, and movies of the beast. Also the box itself is sealed with a Kraken stamp. I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment