Monday, January 11, 2010

And Again With The Ambigrams!

Honestly I love ambigrams. But anyway this post isn't about ambigrams... It's about this thing I found that is similar to ambigrams. I was looking through Authentic Boredom and as I scrolled through the entries I found this post on glyphing. I honestly had no idea what the hell glyphing meant so I clicked it and found this neat video post:

Glyphing from Cameron Moll on Vimeo.


So what exactly is glyphing? I looked it up in the dictionary and surprisingly it wasn't there. So plan B, wikipedia. Glyphing aparently is the act of changing a letters characteristics in a way in which it changes the meaning of the letter itself. I think it just looks cool. But if you wanna create your own language, start with some glyphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment