Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Books

I personally love books. It's rare that I step into Barnes and Nobles and leave with nothing in hand. And, I don't like that people are trying to get rid of book stores... What shall I do without my books. The IPad has a new application to an IBook store, I do love the easy access but I would miss my book. The think is as much as I love having books I rarely ever go to a library, infinate numbers of books on the shelves and I'm just not appealed.
Are libraries really a waste of tax payers dollars? Seth Godin thinks so. But, we must keep in mind that not everyone has access to the internet, not yet anyway, so as of right now I'm glad for libraries. Yes I rarely use them but that doesn't mean other people don't NEED them. It reminds me of Matilda, the movie by Danny DeVito. A library played a very important role in her life. Or the library scene in Se7en. That played a large part in finding the murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment