Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Friend Timmy


Oh Timmy, how I love thee. Tim Burton is a genius/lunatic. I personally adore his work, messed up as it is. The man is amazing! I really have to get myself to the MOMA as they are currently holding an exhibition on his work. But you know Tim Burton wasn't always Tim Burton. Plus his work is really... different... So, it's not really surprising that most of his ideas have been shot down.



Seth Godin wrote a bit on this idea of an Artist. An artist is really a dreamer in a sense. You must dream big and of course you may make it sure, but most often than not you will fail. You will fail a lot. We can say the same has happened for all great artist. Tim Burton as an example works on approximately one project per year and only a handful of his projects really get anywhere. Just something to keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment