Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Europa, Te Extrano


Talking about travelling... Ok so I really wasn't, but I have an itch. I haven't gone anywhere in ages! Which for me was in August. But that is soo long ago!
I grew up moving. Not really moving to different countries but moving from house to house, and school to school. I've figured I've moved once every two years of my life, so I'm use to new surroundings often. Sometimes I just get that itch to keep moving. When I was a little girl my whole family migrated up to Miami; then later to California. When my family started becoming financially stable my parents sent me off to live in Switzerland and from there, I went everywhere. And I miss travelling so. It's very much a part of me. I do remember the first time I went abroad to Europe and how things fascinated me like they did Hipstomp. I remember seeing that same raised toilet with the two buttons and loving it! Oh I miss you so!
But honestly I think I've travelled so much that things just don't surprise me how they use to. Things like this toilet are quite normal to me. I know that design is different wherever you go. My brother was at a wushu academy in northern China for some time last year and I of course went to visit him. Any chance to travel. Once I touched the ground my brother informed me that the toilets weren't normal... Alright, considering I've peed in a hole before, literally, I just laughed at him. Told him what did he expect, it was rural China. lol
I'm not gonna lie, whenever I go to a new place a find myself taking photos of things that I find out of the ordinary, such as this toilet. Actually the first time I encountered a self cleaning toilet I found myself going to the bathroom again to record it. I do find things interesting, but I definitely don't perceive them with the same excitement as hipstomp. I'm glad to know thought that others appreciate the little differences between design throughout the world like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment