Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Guyana

I'm always fascinated with adventure. I love going to new place, experiencing new things, learning from other people. I'm one of those types of people that if someone asks me to go on a random adventure I'll go simple because I like seeing new things. Eleven designers went off to Guyana to learn how their designs were made into realities using sustainable materials. What they found was something completely different.
Have you ever wondered about those woven laundry baskets? Someone made that. These eleven designers learned how much it takes to create those baskets. In Guyana they learned that these baskets came from somewhere. Someone worked for hours, days, weeks, maybe even months for something you can find for like five bucks. It's an art really, weaving, it takes talent.
The post was a series of qoutes from each of the designers, what they most remember from their time in Guyana. How those workers affected their lives. It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment