Monday, January 11, 2010

Simply, Coffee Shops


A friend of mine recently introduced me to this locally owned coffee shop down Hempstead Turnpike. This shop was really amazing, I felt right at home. It's one of those places that you just sit and you wanna stay there for ages! The effects of good decor. The shop has all antique furniture, the lighting is a dim yellow, there are still Christmas decorations on the windows and bright lights decorate the outside. This picture reminds me of that shop. Just another neighborhood coffee shop. Or so I thought... That picture is taken inside a Starbucks.
Yep. According to the New York Times, Starbucks is changing it's look. Ever since stock began to drop in 2007 Starbucks has been looking for new ways to draw in customers. I as a frequent Starbucks goer have seen these changes and helped by paying my five dollars for a grande coffee frap and a snack of course. But Starbucks is no longer just coffee anymore. Did you know Starbucks makes chocolate? and ice cream and sandwiches... I've bought them all. But sadly Starbucks stock was still on the decline. Now the company realized that being a logo might not be the best thing. So Starbucks has begun their new strategy. The company designers in Seattle have changed some of there Starbucks locations to mirror their surrounding area. Such as the photo shown here. Can't wait to see what they are planning for New York! Or maybe I'll stop by Seattle next time I go back home. Either way, I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment