Saturday, March 6, 2010

Black And White


I don't generally go for very colorful designs... I'm much more of a black and white person personally. Well with a splash of color on there. Well some people might think that black and white is boring, well it doesn't have to be!
If you do anything you have to make sure you do it right. In ApartmentTherapy they talked how a kitchen should be comforting and homey, yet modern and sleek too. So let's take a look at the kitchen they spoke of:


What I think is a good balancing factor in this kitchen is that only one wall, the smallest, is painted black and the entrance. I like how there aren't any door ways into the kitchen, two giant windows adorn the back wall giving plenty of natural light to the space.


Another aspect that Apartment Therapy looked at was the use of shelves. Instead of having all the things hidden behind cabinets this family chose to have long open shelves. I was watching the home and garden channel once and they put together these cabinets but instead of being wooden doors were all glass doors. That's something I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment