Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chocolate


Chocolate is something that is very near and dear to my heart. Chocolate has always been there for me, in good times and in bad times. So today I choose to write about chocolate.
I've seen the brand Madecasse around my local wholefoods store but I myself have never bought the brand. I ran into it again today on Seth Godin's blog, apparently he really enjoys the stuff. But as it is a design blog he does speak mostly of the packaging. The package must say something about the brand and it must also be eye catching!


As it is now the packaging for Madecasse is blah. It's nice, but it doesn't really have me rushing to go out and buy it especially if I'm paying six dollars... It does convey that it comes from a small country, but that's really all I get from my quick look at it. What makes this chocolate unique is that it's made and packaged in Madagascar, the only chocolate that is made by local beans then imported from Africa. What this does though is that it helps the African people; it creates four times more income than shipping off the beans to be made by another company. So as a company they should focus on that.

Macy's recently begun selling a series of hand crafted baskets from Africa. Those baskets are freaking expensive! But, I'm sure they sell. Their way of advertising was a commercial which showcased the ladies in Africa making the baskets. Ingenious!

No comments:

Post a Comment