Sunday, March 7, 2010

Work

I read Seth Godin's blog recently, he talked about how every one's model of work, is a job. That we have been "brainwashed" to believe that the only way you are working is if you have a job. I think the steady paycheck helps, the nine to five schedule, having some one above you giving you orders, it's comforting.
What if one was to work for one's self though... You would constantly be on the search for your next work. Well this reminds me of having to pick a major. My parents at least tell me to pick soomething I would be happy doing, but in the back of my mind, I know that I am already use to a certain lifestyle... Well some words of wisedom from Seth:

The less a project or task or opportunity at work feels like the sort of thing you would do if this is just a job, the more you should do it.

Smart, I think someone should have told me that while I was in highschool; it would have made it a lot easier to pick my major.

No comments:

Post a Comment